Part of the role of a coach is to foster positive anti-doping attitudes and educate swimmers regarding anti-doping. Do you want to learn strategies that will help you to:
- Promote high quality motivation and adaptive outcomes associated with performance and well-being.
- Minimise your swimmer’s willingness to engage in intentional doping activities
- Facilitate conversations with your swimmers about topics such as medication use and supplement use to reduce the risk of inadvertent doping.
Swimming Coaches across the Swim Engalnd North East Region have the opportunity to be part of this project which is funded by the International Olympic Committee. Researchers at Leeds Beckett University are offering swimming coaches the opportunity to attend free education workshops to promote healthy athlete development and sustained engagement in sport with an additional focus on clean sport.
Participation is open to coaches involved in coaching at any competitive level who:
- Work with a swimmers aged 14+ years old (including adults)
- See the same group on a regular basis (i.e., at least once per week)
The workshops can be delivered at your club location, at a convenient time to yourselves if you get 3 or more coaches to sign up.
In addition, coaches will receive an Amazon voucher for your participation on completion of the project.
If you would like to register your interest in participating or would like more information, please contact Helen Staff on 07581707076 or via
H.R.Staff@leedsbeckett.ac.uk by Friday 23rd March 2018
Further information is available http://asaner.org.uk/mdocs-posts/coachmade-project-leeds-beckett-university/
Post expires at 10:45am on Saturday March 31st, 2018