Following the camps in 2017, the Northumberland and Durham Swimming Association have once again agreed to join the Swim England Talent Teams County Pathway Programme for 2018.
The County Programme will be delivered at Consett Leisure Centre, Stanley where we have hired the 25m pool and studios for land work and workshops.
The camps will provide an opportunity for swimmers to develop their technical, tactical, physical and psychological skills with swimmers of a similar age and ability from across the county. The camps will also provide an opportunity for swimmers to work with different coaches and to train in different environments.
The Swimmer Selection Policy for the county camps is as follows:
Minimum activity level: Attendance at two one day events: 17th March 2018 and 7th July 2018.
30 swimmers (15 Male / 15 Female) will be selected as follows:
- The ASA rankings data base will be used for selection Only times achieved between September 1st 2017 and the Monday following the final County Championship weekend in 2018, will be considered.
- The highest ranked 11 year old Male and Female (age as at 31st December 2018), in each Olympic event competed at County Championships will be initially selected.
- Further selections will be made from the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc ranked.
- Where swimmers have an equal ranking, selections will be made prioritised according to the highest Fina point score in a single event.
- Selections will be from long course rankings.
- Swimmer selections will be completed within one week of the completion of the County Championships.
- Swimmers and home coaches will be informed within two weeks of the completion of the County Championships.
- Swimmers must reply to confirm whether they will be accepting or declining their place on the programme within two weeks of receiving a selection letter.
- Any reserve swimmers and their respective home coaches should then be informed within four weeks of the completion of the County Championships.
- All places on the programme will be filled and all paperwork returned by the end of February 2018, ready for the first camp of the programme which is scheduled to take place on the 17th March 2018.
A presentation will be given by Chris Leighton, the lead coach for the Northumberland and Durham County Camps 2018 during the break between sessions at the Northumberland and Durham County Championships on Saturday 10th February 2018. During this presentation he will also talk about the Northumberland and Durham Performance Pathway which these county camps form part of.