Today, Team England Swimming have released details of the swimming team heading to the Gold Coast for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
A total of 15 swimmers have been selected by Swim England after the first phase of qualification, 3 of which are from clubs in the North East. Newcastle Swim Team’s Emily Large will be making her games debut alongside City of Sheffield’s Eleanor Faulkner and Max Litchfield.
Commenting on today’s announcement, Swimming Team Leader Grant Robins said: “This is an exciting team that has been selected for the 2018 Commonwealth Games. We have a wealth of experience from athletes that know what it takes to win. We also have a number of new athletes that will be taking the step up and experiencing a multi-sport event for the first time. I know the team will work hard in their home programmes to be the best they can be when they step on the plane to the Gold Coast.”
The othere selected athletes are:
- Adam Peaty (Loughborough NC)
- James Guy (Bath NC)
- Ben Proud (Plymouth Leander)
- Siobhan-Marie O’Connor (Bath NC)
- Molly Renshaw (Loughborough NC)
- Andrew Willis (Bath NC)
- Lizzie Simmonds (Edinburgh University)
- Freya Anderson (Ellesmere College Titans)
- Sarah Vasey (Loughborough NC)
- Luke Greenbank (Loughborough NC)
- Jocelyn Ulyett (Loughborough University)
- Holly Hibbott (Stockport Metro)
These fifteen athletes are being announced by Team England following the first phase of selections by Swim England. The remaining athletes will be selected following qualification at the Swim England National Winter Championships 2017 in December.